I grew up a skater kid. I had a fully customized Element skateboard where I picked everything from the board to the tape, rims, wheels, and bearings. Days went by before I would even consider playing with anything else. With my button-up long-sleeve, Lucky brand jeans, and Converse Jack Purcell Canvas shoes, I would skate all around my neighborhood, performing sick tricks and being a regular teenage grom.
Skate shoes are 100% going to get thrashed. It’s inevitable when performing heel and flip kicks, sliding your uppers against the grip tape. So protecting your skate shoes with the world’s best shoe cleaner is crucial. With Shoe MGK, keeping your kicks fresh is easier than ever.
So let’s learn how to clean Converse Jack Purcell Canvas with the Shoe MGK MVP Kit.
How to Clean Converse Jack Purcell Canvas with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
When skating, I preferred a skate shoe that was comfortable and protective. My skating kicks needed cushioning to protect my ankle even if I failed my trick. Though, I hated when my shoes became dirty after a long day on the board or at the skate park. It was important to me to keep my aesthetic clean while gliding down the pipe. That is why I utilized the Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner. The shoe cleaner soaks into the fibers of the synthetic uppers, where it attacks and breaks down dirt and debris on the molecular level. This process ensures the tennis shoes get a deep clean that restores the shoes to their original brilliance.
- Prep the Jack Purcell shoes by removing the laces and setting them in a small cleaner and water solution. Let them soak while we clean the shoe.
- Wet the bristle brush and drizzle a small amount of cleaner over the brush. Next, apply the solution to the shoe in small circular motions, covering the shoe completely.
- Once covered, wipe clean with a dry towel. Repeat these steps until the shoe is sparkling clean!
- Wring out dirt and water from the laces, and let dry before re-lacing your shoes.
How to Protect Converse Jack Purcell Canvas with Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent
Cleaning my kicks is good and gives me the confidence to skate to my heart’s content, and I still prefer not to dirty my shoes at all. I don’t need to clean what is already clean, right? The best way to ensure your kicks stay clean is to spray them with the Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent. This process puts a protective barrier over the uppers that repels water, dirt, and stains from ever attaching to the shoe. Instead, these deformities bead up and roll off, leaving your shoe looking fresh.
- Make sure the shoe is dry before applying Water and Stain Repellent.
- Then, spray the entire shoe. Add additional layers for added protection.
- Let dry for 24 hours before next use.
How to Restore Converse Jack Purcell Canvas with Shoe MGK White Touch-Up
The worst part of trying to keep your kicks fresh while skating is the scuffs that the grip tape creates. Those black marks are a plague that transforms a sleek skate shoe into a spotted dalmatian. Sometimes, the white Converse skate shoes can get scratched and have scuffs the cleaner can’t entirely remove on its own. That is where the Shoe MGK White Touch-up saves the day. The applicator provides a fresh, durable coating, restoring the shoes to their original white color. Be sure only to use it on white materials!
- For best results, follow the steps above for cleaning the Jack Purcell shoes.
- Shake the bottle of white touch-up with the cap on.
- Remove the cap and invert the bottle, making sure to press the applicator against the part of the shoe you wish to restore.
- Apply to all necessary areas
- Let dry.
* Use the Touch Up White applicator on tough stains, scuffs, and yellowing soles. Be careful when applying; make sure only to use it on white materials.
It could be difficult to protect your kicks and keep them looking fresh when skating. But skating is life. With the Shoe MGK MVP Kit, you have everything you need to keep your kicks fresh. Always remember to respect your shoes!
What You’ll Need
Image Source: Converse.com