Growing up as a millennial, Converse were THE shoe to wear. Everyone who was anyone on the playground had a pair. It felt like you couldn’t walk five feet without spotting a pair. My first converse were the Converse One Star 1 skate shoes. I was a skater kid, though I cannot skate for anything now.
The shoes were comfortable, well padded, and went with practically any outfit. So I could wear them every day without worrying about my feet hurting–even while trying to perform kickflips on my board.
With such comfortable skate shoes, you would want to do whatever it takes to keep them clean. With Shoe MGK, keeping your kicks fresh is easier than ever.
So let’s learn how to clean Converse One Star 1 with the Shoe MGK MVP Kit.
How to Clean Converse One Star 1 with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
In middle school, I thought I was the coolest punk on the block. I had my skateboard and loved to go around the suburb with my friends. However, we were a nerdy group and didn’t get into too much trouble. Maybe skated after hours at the local school. We all had clean kicks, making us feel like better skaters. However, our shoes would get dirty throughout the day, and we would tease the kid with the messiest shoes. That is why utilizing the Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner is crucial. The shoe cleaner soaks into the fibers of the synthetic uppers, where it attacks and breaks down dirt and debris on the molecular level. This process ensures the tennis shoes get a deep clean that restores the shoes to their original brilliance.
- Prep the Converse by removing the laces and setting them in a small cleaner and water solution. Let them soak while we clean the shoe.
- Wet the bristle brush and drizzle a small amount of cleaner over the brush. Next, apply the solution to the shoe in small circular motions, covering the shoe completely.
- Once covered, wipe clean with a dry towel. Repeat these steps until the shoe is sparkling clean!
- Wring out dirt and water from the laces, and let dry before re-lacing your shoes.
How to Protect Converse One Star 1 with Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent
I never wanted to be the kid in the group teased for not taking care of my shoes. It didn’t feel good. So I did everything I could to keep my kicks fresh. The best way to ensure your kicks stay clean is to spray them with the Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent. This process puts a protective barrier over the uppers that repels water, dirt, and stains from ever attaching to the shoe. Instead, these deformities bead up and roll off, leaving your shoe looking fresh.
- Make sure the shoe is dry before applying Water and Stain Repellent.
- Then, spray the entire shoe. Add additional layers for added protection.
- Let dry for 24 hours before next use.
How to Restore Converse One Star 1 with Shoe MGK White Touch-Up
When skating in Converse, the part you need to worry about is the white soles. The grip tape creates scuff all over the soles and looks like a mess. Sometimes, the white Converse can get scratched and have scuffs the cleaner can’t entirely remove on its own. That is where the Shoe MGK White Touch-up saves the day. The applicator provides a fresh, durable coating, restoring the shoes to their original white color. Be sure only to use it on white materials!
- For best results, follow the steps above for cleaning the Converse.
- Shake the bottle of white touch-up with the cap on.
- Remove the cap and invert the bottle, making sure to press the applicator against the part of the shoe you wish to restore.
- Apply to all necessary areas
- Let dry.
* Use the Touch Up White applicator on tough stains, scuffs, and yellowing soles. Be careful when applying; make sure only to use it on white materials.
When I wore Converse, I always wanted them to be fresh. Whether I was walking around campus or tearing it up in the street, it didn’t matter. With the Shoe MGK MVP Kit, you have everything you need to keep your kicks fresh. Always remember to respect your shoes!
What You’ll Need
Image Source: converse.com