The Hoka Clifton 8 running shoes are the lightest and most comfortable sneakers on the market today. Every runner understands the importance of a great shoe and nothing compares to these sneakers. The running shoes have a sleek design that doesn’t distract from the task at hand, running.
What’s more, these sneakers are fire. Their sleek design allows them to elevate any fit, and stand out from the crowd. They are trending amongst sneakerheads which makes them all the more important to keep fresh.
However, the white mesh is a magnet to dirt and stains. While running, the sneakers could get painted with browns and blacks from the tracks and pavement. Scuff could ruin the soles, and it may seem impossible to restore these sneakers to their pristine condition.
The first step for how to clean the Hoka Clifton 8 is to find a sound shoe care system. Having been cleaning running sneakers since 1992, Shoe MGK is the best shoe care solution to restore these shoes.
How to Protect the Hoka Clifton 8 with Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent
The best way to make sure your running shoes last is to ensure they never get dirty, to begin with. When you take the Cliftons out of the box, you want to spray them with the Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent. This process puts a protective barrier over the synthetic mesh uppers that repels water, dirt, and stains from ever attaching to your shoe. The deformities bead up and roll off the mesh ensuring your shoes stay clean.
- Make sure the Hoka Clifton 8s are dry before applying Water and Stain Repellent.
- Next, cover the entire shoe with spray. Add more layers for extra protection.
- Let dry for 24 hours.
How to Clean the Hoka Clifton 8 with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
Sometimes when running, it is possible to encounter stains that require a stronger cleaner to remove. That is where the Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner saves the day. The shoe cleaner soaks into the mesh upper, attacking and breaking down dirt and debris from the molecular level. This process ensures the sneakers get a deep restorative clean that helps them last longer.
- Prep the Hoka Clifton 8 by brushing off any excess dirt with the dry brush.
- Remove the laces and place them in a small solution of cleaner and water. Let soak and wring out the dirt after a few minutes.
- Dip the brush into a clean bowl of water and add a few drops of cleaner directly to the brush.
- Lather the shoe with the nylon brush until the solution becomes foamy. Wipe away the excess solution with a clean towel. Repeat until the shoe is clean.
How to Restore the Hoka Clifton 8 with Shoe MGK white Touch-up
As mentioned above, the white coloring of the mesh is prone to scuffs and scratches. The soles could get ugly black marks during your normal run. These deformities ruin the shoe’s appeal and make the sneakers something you wouldn’t want to race in. However, the Shoe MGK White Touch-Up allows you to restore your Cliftons to their original brilliance. The applicator puts a durable white coating over the scratches and scuffs returning the sneakers to their former color.
- For best results, follow the steps above for cleaning the Hoka Clifton 8.
- Shake the bottle of white touch-up with the cap on.
- Remove cap and invert bottle, making sure to press the applicator against the part of the shoe you wish to restore.
- Apply to all necessary areas
- Let dry.
* Use the Touch Up White applicator on tough stains, scuffs, and yellowing soles. Be careful when applying; make sure only to use it on white materials.
Running with the lightest and most comfortable sneakers doesn’t mean you need to worry about ruining the sneakers with dirt and debris. With the Shoe MGK MVP Kit, you have everything needed to keep your kicks fresh! So keep your stylish sneakers on top of the trend and respect your shoes!
What You’ll Need
Image by the Social Media Team