No cap; I used to run cross country. In my youth, I would run ten plus miles on a Saturday morning for fun. Yes, you heard that right, and I only wish I had shoes like the Hoka Men’s Carbon X 3 at the time. Instead, I sported an old pair of new balances, and my feet were barking after a long jog.
With the Hoka running shoes, I would have been able to run further without worrying about my feet hurting. Because the endurance racers are made with a performance knit upper, the sneakers have a comfortable fit that makes them easy to wear for miles. What’s more, the carbon fiber plate underneath the footbed is shaped to help improve form while running.
With such a comfortable and high-performance racer, you would want to do whatever it takes to keep them clean. With Shoe MGK, keeping your kicks fresh is easier than ever. The shoe cleaner is derived from all-natural ingredients to be safe on the knit uppers.
So let’s learn how to clean Hoka Men’s Carbon X 3 with the Shoe MGK MVP Kit.
How to Clean Hoka Men’s Carbon X 3 with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
The best part of running cross country was the trails we would race–winding through trees, changing elevation, all at a heart-pounding pace. It was exhilarating. However, after every race, I would notice my shoes were dirty beyond redemption. Or so I thought.
Thankfully, I was wrong. With the Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner, I could easily have my racers looking fresh before my next practice. The shoe cleaner soaks into the fibers of the synthetic uppers, where it attacks and breaks down dirt and debris on the molecular level. This process ensures the tennis shoes get a deep clean that restores the shoes to their original brilliance.
- Prep the Carbon X 3s by removing the laces and setting them in a small cleaner and water solution. Let them soak while we clean the shoe.
- Wet the bristle brush and drizzle a small amount of cleaner over the brush. Next, apply the solution to the shoe in small circular motions, covering the shoe completely.
- Once covered, wipe clean with a dry towel. Repeat these steps until the shoe is sparkling clean!
- Wring out dirt and water from the laces, and let dry before re-lacing your shoes.
How to Protect Hoka Men’s Carbon X 3 with Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent
I don’t know about anyone else, but when it came to race day, I wanted my shoes to pop. It was like a declaration to everyone on the line that I was fast and that they should look out for me. At least I backed up my bold boasts with my time. So when I crossed the line in medal-winning time, I felt more rad, and my shoes were still clean.
The best way to ensure your kicks stay clean is to spray them with the Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent. This process puts a protective barrier over the uppers that repels water, dirt, and stains from ever attaching to the shoe. Instead, these deformities bead up and roll off, leaving your shoe looking fresh.
- Make sure the shoe is dry before applying Water and Stain Repellent.
- Then, spray the entire shoe. Add additional layers for added protection.
- Let dry for 24 hours before next use.
How to Restore Hoka Men’s Carbon X 3 with Shoe MGK White Touch-Up
When racing, I would hate when my shoes got scuffed. It felt out of my control and ruined my racers’ sleek look. I stepped on the line to make a statement, and I wasn’t taken seriously if my shoes were scuffed. That is where the Shoe MGK White Touch-up saves the day. The applicator provides a fresh, durable coating, restoring the shoes to their original white color. Be sure only to use it on white materials!
- For best results, follow the steps above for cleaning the Carbon X 3s.
- Shake the bottle of white touch-up with the cap on.
- Remove the cap and invert the bottle, making sure to press the applicator against the part of the shoe you wish to restore.
- Apply to all necessary areas
- Let dry.
* Use the Touch Up White applicator on tough stains, scuffs, and yellowing soles. Be careful when applying; make sure only to use it on white materials.
I never stepped on the racing line with shoes that weren’t clean. It felt like a bad omen to begin the race on the wrong foot, so to speak. With the Shoe MGK MVP Kit, you have everything you need to keep your kicks fresh. Always remember to respect your shoes!
What You’ll Need
Image Source: Hoka.com