The Nike Air Max 97 Sneakers are one of, if not the most iconic shoes ever to impact the sneakerhead culture. Nike initially released the shoes as men’s running shoes. They have since found their way into the hearts of many sneaker fans. The pink and beige design is beautifully stunning and pairs well with a sleek set of joggers.
Having been out for years, the Nike Air Max 97s have increased in popularity and are a cornerstone of any sneaker collection.
Though sometimes it can be easy to forget about an old pair of sneakers, or maybe you scored a pair of the Nike Air Max 97s Corduroy Desert Sand at a garage sale on the cheap. The biggest problem is that they are worn, dirty, and need a little love to restore these sneakers to their full glory.
Luckily Shoe MGK has the tools to help you give these shoes a second chance to complete your collection.
Without a moment to spare, let’s begin class on how to restore the Nike Air Max 97s Corduroy Desert Sand Sneakers.
How to Clean the Nike Air Max 97s Corduroy Desert Sand with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
Let’s say you found a pair of the Nike Air Max 97s Corduroy Desert Sand sneakers at a yard sale and want to add them to your collection. The problem is they just aren’t ready to go on display with all the damage from years of use. So the best first step to restoring your Nike sneakers is to clean them with the Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner.
The shoe cleaner soaks into the knitted uppers of the Nike Air Max 97s, attacking dirt and debris that gets stuck there. Because the cleaner works on the molecular level, the sneakers get a deep clean. This is essential for restoring your old pair of Nikes by allowing you to target those hard-to-remove stains.
For a detailed guide on how to clean the Air Max 97s, click here.
- Prep the Nike Air Max 97s Corduroy Desert Sand sneakers by removing the laces and setting them in a small cleaner and water solution. Let them soak while we clean the shoe.
- Brush off any excess dirt with the dry brush.
- Wet the bristle brush and drizzle a small amount of cleaner over the brush. Next, apply the solution to the shoe in small circular motions, covering the shoe completely.
- Once covered, wipe clean with a dry towel. Repeat these steps until the shoe is sparkling clean!
- Wring out dirt and water from the laces, and let dry before re-lacing your shoes.
How to Protect the Nike Air Max 97s Corduroy Desert Sand with Shoe MGK Water & Stain Repellent
Now that you have gotten your previously owned Nike Air Max 97s Corduroy Desert Sand sneakers looking clean and practically new, you want to make sure the sneakers stay clean. The best way to do that is by never getting the shoes dirty to begin with. By spraying the knit uppers with the Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent, you put a protective barrier over the sneakers that repels water, dirt, and stains from ever attaching to the shoe. Everything beads up and rolls off the exterior of the sneakers meaning they stay clean.
- Make sure the shoe is dry before applying Water and Stain Repellent.
- Then, spray the entire shoe. Add additional layers for added protection.
- Let dry for 24 hours before next use.
How to Eliminate Odors from the Nike Air Max 97s Corduroy Desert Sand with Shoe MGK Shoe Freshener
With the restoration process almost complete, there is one more crucial step to take and that’s fighting any lingering odors. Your Nike Air Max 97s Corduroy Desert Sand sneakers are looking brand new, the uppers are protected from future stains, and the last step is to get your kicks smelling fresh. Getting your sneakers odor-free can seem impossible. After years of bacterial build-up, it’s easy to assume that fresh-out-of-the-box smell cannot be achieved. But let the Shoe MGK Shoe Freshener surprise you. The spray attacks bacterial build-up left in the shoe, eliminating the odor at the source and allowing the sneakers to smell better than new.
- Ensure the Nike Air Max 97s are completely dry and set on an even surface.
- Hold bottle 6” from the surface, spraying in a back-and-forth motion.
- Do not saturate the shoe and spray the area thoroughly.
Now you have successfully restored your Nike Air Max 97s and made them ready to display in your epic collection. With the Shoe MGK Clean and Protect Kit and the Shoe MGK Shoe Freshener, you made your sneakers look and smell brand new, just as if they were out-of-the-box. You have shown you know how to respect your shoes!