Vans have been a popular fashion choice for American teens from a few years now. Made from robust, high-quality canvas material with thick rubber soles, this slip-on style is perfect for athletic activities. Let’s face it, everybody has a pair of vans, but keeping them clean might be overwhelming depending on the factory they are made at, the ink runs and fades while cleaning. The method you should wash your vans through relies on the style you own and the material they are made of. Before you wash your Vans, you need to know whether they are made of canvas or suede. Here are the do’s and don’ts of cleaning your vans.
Do’s of Cleaning Your Vans
- Before you start cleaning, make certain to wipe all the dirt from the vans with the help of a soft scrubbing brush, cloth or a wet towel.
- If you plan to wash your vans in a washing machine, then be sure to keep the machine on a gentle cycle. Only use a mild detergent for cleaning and don’t forget to remove the laces from the shoes.
- Use only bleach free from dye to clean your vans, to avoid yellow stains.
- For personal cleaning, pick a bucket of warm water and dunk them in. Pour certain drops of mild cleaner and clean them with the help of a toothbrush.
After the do’s, let’s move on to the don’ts…
Don’ts of Cleaning Your Vans
- Don’t put your vans in the washing machine before getting to know the material they are made of.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals or detergents irrespective of whether your Vans are made of canvas or suede. You will rob your kicks of their vigor if you treat them with harsh chemicals.
- Don’t put your colorful and checkered vans to dry out in full sunlight. Obviously, you don’t want your sneakers to look worn out or to strip them of their brilliance.
- Don’t wash your vans too often. Cleaning them every now and then won’t be helpful. Therefore a little prudence is required here.
- Don’t use solvent cleaners to clean your vans as they might loosen the glue which is used to attach the sole with the rest of the shoe.
A must-have for every household, the MVP Kit by SHOE MGK is an all-inclusive kit that has everything you need to clean, restore and protect your footwear.
SHOE MGK MVP KitAdd to cart
A must-have for anyone who wears white shoes! An excellent cleaning and restoration product for sneakerheads, nurses, athletes, cheerleaders, food service workers, and any individual who owns white shoes.
SHOE MGK All-Star KitAdd to cart
The SHOE MGK Leather Care Kit contains everything that you need to keep your leather shoes looking brand new. Our Leather Cream is a self-shining wax for the care of genuine and man-made leather shoes.
SHOE MGK Leather Care KitAdd to cart
How to Clean Checkered Vans
Vans are one of the most popular sneakers on the market nowadays and for a good reason. With an extensive variety of styles ranging from lace-ups to classic slip-on, Vans offer a blend of style and comfort. Yet like any other sneakers, they are also bound to get a little grungy.
Here are some steps you need to follow to clean your sneakers:
- Pour a mild detergent into a washing machine and set the temperature to warm.
- Put your pair of vans into the machine and activate the gentle wash cycle
- Remove the shoes from the machine once the cycle is completed. For drying, use a blow-dryer to get the work done – Don’t put the dryer nozzle too close.