Whether a track-day enthusiast or a street-Rossi, it’s crucial to have the best gear when hoping on your super-sport bike. Be it a Yamaha R1, Kawasaki Ninja H2, or a Honda Fireblade; you will push yourself to your limits. And the best way to obtain mach-Jesus speeds is with the best gear, from the full leathers to the Alpinestars SMX-6 V2 Vented Boots.
Designed for both the track and the street, these motorcycle boots have ergonomics for increased anatomical freedom. The accordion stretch paneling adds extra flexibility and comfort for the ankle so you can hit every shift. In addition, these boots have been specifically engineered to offer top-notch protection, dexterity, and performance without compromise.
With such a protective race boot, you would want them to look their best with the world’s best shoe cleaner. Shoe MGK has cleaned leather motorcycle boots since 1992 and knows how to treat the leather and make the Alpinestars shine.
So let’s get into how to clean Alpinestars SMX-6 V2 Vented Boots with the Shoe MGK Leather Care Kit.
How to Clean Alpinestars SMX-6 V2 Vented Boots with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
Any street-Rossi will tell you that dirt will get kicked onto your boots when pushing your favorite twisted road. The faster you go, the more your tires will kick up debris. The dirtier your boots get, the less protective they will become because that dirt could damage the shoe in places like the ankle support or the footbed. That is why utilizing the Shoe MGK Cleaner, and Conditioner is crucial. The shoe cleaner soaks into the leather, attacking and breaking down dirt and debris on the molecular level. This process gives your shoes a deep clean that has them looking fresh and feeling smooth.
- Prep the Alpinestar motorcycle boots by wiping off excess dirt and debris from the shoes with a dry microfiber towel.
- Wet the bristle brush and drizzle the product over the brush. Apply the solution to the shoe in small circular motions, covering the shoe.
- Once covered, wipe clean with a dry towel. Repeat these steps until the shoe is clean!
How to Treat the Leather of Alpinestars SMX-6 V2 Vented Boots with Shoe MGK Leather Cream
Part of motorcycle riding is motorcycle fashion. There is a sense of pride in getting gear that matches the machine you ride–colors that accentuate the bike’s sleek styling. When you keep your bike clean, you keep your gear clean, including the boots. When it comes to protecting, restoring, and shining the leather, the Shoe MGK Leather Cream has no competition. The cream is an all-in-one leather care product that leaves a lasting shine with no buffing. In addition, the Leather Cream moisturizes the uppers to prevent drying, cracking, and scuffing. Meaning your boots shine as bright as your bike.
- Apply the leather cream with a clean towel or sponge.
- Massage the cream into the leather. The solution dries fast and will beautifully hydrate your leather!
- Finally, remove the laces from the solution and wring out cleaner and dirt. Let dry before re-lacing your shoes.
How to Restore Alpinestars SMX-6 V2 Vented Boots with Shoe MGK Black Touch-Up
When riding at your local track or tearing up the twisties, your boots could touch the ground. When leather meets the road at high speeds, there are going to be scuffs and scratches that make your boots look worn. Sometimes, the black leather can get scratched and have scuffs the cleaner can’t entirely remove on its own. That is where the Shoe MGK Black Touch-up saves the day. The applicator provides a fresh, durable coating, restoring the shoes to their original white color. Be sure only to use it on black materials!
- For best results, follow the steps above for cleaning the Alpinestar boots.
- Shake the bottle of black touch-up with the cap on.
- Remove the cap and invert the bottle, making sure to press the applicator against the part of the shoe you wish to restore.
- Apply to all necessary areas
- Let dry.
* Use the Touch Up Black applicator on tough stains, scuffs, and yellowing soles. Be careful when applying; make sure only to use it on white materials.
Hop on your bike confidently, and look fierce while mounted on that powerful machine. With the Shoe MGK Leather Care Kit and the Shoe MGK Black Touch Up, you have all the tools to ensure your boots last. Remember to respect your shoes!
What You’ll Need
Image by revzilla.com