It’s track day! You hauled your sports bike in the dead of night to arrive early for the information session before you finally get to test your skills on the track. You’re ready to be the fastest around, dressed in your best leathers and your Alpinestars SMX Plus V2 Boots. You know your lines, you got your breaking points down, and no one can catch you.
You need the world’s best shoe cleaner with such a perfect riding boot. A cleaner that is gentle on the leather uppers yet strong enough to remove the oil and grease from street riding. That is where Shoe MGK becomes your best pal.
So without further ado, let’s get into the tri-processes for how to clean Alpinestars SMX Plus V2 Boots.
How to Clean Alpinestars SMX Plus V2 Boots with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
Your boots have a sleek, race-ready appeal that adds confidence when you saddle up for the day. They are comfortable yet snug around your foot, adding superb protection and movability. You don’t have to worry about missing a shift. However, it’s possible to blow dirt onto the leather when out on the track. As a result, the sleek styling could lose its luster and not look as fresh next to your bike. That is why keeping your boots clean with the Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner is crucial. The shoe cleaner soaks into the fibers of the leather, attacking and breaking down dirt and debris from the molecular level. This process ensures the boots get a deep clean that has them ready to shine next to your bike.
- Prep the SMX Boots by brushing off any excess dirt with the dry brush.
- Dip the brush into a clean bowl of water and cleaner.
- Lather the shoe with the nylon brush until the solution becomes foamy. Wipe away the excess solution with a clean towel. Repeat until the shoe is clean.
How to Treat the Leather of the Alpinestars SMX Plus V2 Boots with Shoe MGK Leather Cream
The Alpinestars boots are designed to protect you in the event of an accident. When speeding around a track, your tires may lose traction, and you’ll go sliding. When this happens, the leather will get scuffed and damaged and need to be made to look new again. The Shoe MGK Leather Cream is an all-in-one leather care product that leaves a lasting shine with no buffing. In addition, the Leather Cream moisturizes leather to prevent drying, cracking, and scuffing. Meaning you extend the life of your Alpinestars Boots.
- Apply the leather cream with a clean towel or sponge.
- Massage the cream into the leather. The solution dries fast and will beautifully hydrate your leather!
How to Restore the Alpinestars SMX Plus V2 Boots with the Shoe MGK Black Touch-Up
Motorcycle enthusiasts have heard the saying, “Dress for the slide, not the ride” this means to utilize protective gear because you never know when you’re going to “lay her down.” However, when the crash happens, your boots are bound to get scuffs that are too strong for the cleaner to remove on its own. That is where the Shoe MGK Black Touch-up saves the day. The applicator provides a fresh, durable coating, restoring the shoes to their original black color. Be sure only to use it on black materials!
- For best results, follow the steps above for cleaning the SMX Boots.
- Shake the bottle of white touch-up with the cap on.
- Remove the cap and invert the bottle, making sure to press the applicator against the part of the shoe you wish to restore.
- Apply to all necessary areas
- Let dry.
* Use the Touch Up Black applicator on tough stains, scuffs, and yellowing soles. Be careful when applying; make sure only to use it on black materials.
You slayed that track in your sleek and stylish riding boots. You had the fastest lap time as you knew you would, and it’s time to go home. With the Shoe MGK Leather Care Kit and the Shoe MGK Black Touch-Up, you have everything you need to keep your boots fresh. Remember to respect your shoes!
What You’ll Need
Image by alpinestars.com