There might not be…no. There is not a more influential sneaker in the game than the world famous Jordan 1’s. When considering who would take on his signature shoe, Michael Jordan wanted to be different. He could have gone with Converse like Magic and Bird had, but he was Jordan. It took some convincing, but Phil Knight and the team at Nike eventually convinced the GOAT to join the team. Little did they know what they had created.
Today, Jordan 1’s continue to be the most resold, updated, and cherished sneaker on the market. New colorways and styles drop on a regular basis keeping them always fresh and new. They are one of the most fashionable sneakers on the market, but oftentimes we refuse to wear them. Why is that? Usually it is because we are afraid to get them dirty. However, we just need to learn how to clean Jordan 1’s so we can wear them like we want to!
When looking at how to clean Jordan 1’s, we need to first figure out what material your Jordan 1’s consist of. Most Jordan 1’s consist of multiple materials including canvas, leather, and suede. When looking for a shoe cleaner that cleans all materials, we turn to Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner. When paired with Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent, The Clean and Protect Kit becomes the best Jordan 1 shoe cleaner on the market.
Here is the step by step guide for how to clean Jordan 1’s:
- Prep the shoe by removing the laces and setting them in a small solution of Cleaner and water. Let them soak while you clean the shoe.
- Next, take the dry brush and brush away and excess dirt or surface level stains.
- Wet the bristle brush and drizzle a few drops of product on the brush. Apply the solution to the shoe in small circular motions making sure to completely cover the shoe.
- Once properly covered, wipe clean with a dry towel. Repeat these steps until the shoe is sparkling clean!
- Apply an even coating of Water and Stain Repellent to protect the shoe from water and help them stay fresh for weeks. Let the solution dry into the material for 24 hours before wearing.
It really is that simple. Cleaning Jordan 1’s is important, but we find that protecting them with Water and Stain repellent is far more important. Both items can be found in the 8oz Clean and Protect Kit as well as the 4oz Clean and Protect Kit. Respect Your Shoes!