We all remember “The Shot”. Game five of the 1989 NBA Finals will forever be remembered by one insane moment. Down a point with little time on the clock, Michael Jordan sank a shot from the free throw line to beat the buzzer and give the Bulls the victory. One thing you might not remember are the shoes that the goat was wearing. Of course, they were the legendary Jordan 4’s.
Today, Jordan 4’s are one of the most resold, updated, and cherished sneakers on the market. They are one of the most fashionable sneakers available, but oftentimes we refuse to wear them. Why is that? Usually it is because we are afraid to get them dirty. However, we just need to learn how to clean Jordan 4’s so we can wear them like we want to!
When looking at how to clean Jordan 4’s, we need to first figure out what material your Jordan 4’s consist of. Most Jordan 4’s consist of multiple materials including canvas, leather, and suede. When looking for a shoe cleaner that cleans all materials, we turn to Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner. When paired with Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent, The Clean and Protect Kit becomes the best Jordan 4 shoe cleaner on the market.
Here is the step by step guide for how to clean Jordan 4’s:
- Prep the shoe by removing the laces and setting them in a small solution of Cleaner and water. Let them soak while you clean the shoe.
- Next, take the dry brush and brush away and excess dirt or surface level stains.
- Wet the bristle brush and drizzle a few drops of product on the brush. Apply the solution to the shoe in small circular motions making sure to completely cover the shoe.
- Once properly covered, wipe clean with a dry towel. Repeat these steps until the shoe is sparkling clean!
- Apply an even coating of Water and Stain Repellent to protect the shoe from water and help them stay fresh for weeks. Let the solution dry into the material for 24 hours before wearing.
It really is that simple. Cleaning Jordan 4’s is important, but we find that protecting them with Water and Stain repellent is far more important. Both items can be found in the 8oz Clean and Protect Kit as well as the 4oz Clean and Protect Kit. Respect Your Shoes!