When it comes to hitting the trails of the forest, you’re going to need a great pair of shoes, like the L.L.Bean Men’s Trail Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes. The hikers are made for the most challenging terrain, so you can explore in confidence that your step is sure. As the shoe’s name suggests, the synthetic mesh uppers are waterproof so that you can get through that creek in your path with no issue. The biggest problem with these shoes is you’ll be wearing them so much that they will get dirty and need a good cleaning.
When it comes to how to clean your L.L.Bean hikers is with Shoe MGK, a shoe care company that has been cleaning adventure shoes for nearly three decades.
How to Clean the L.L.Bean Men’s Trail Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
When hiking through the trails, it is almost guaranteed your shoes will get dirty. Mud will get caked onto the synthetic mesh, grass and plants will stain your shoes, and it may seem like the Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes will never be clean again. But, I’m here to tell you not to worry. The Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner soaks into the synthetic mesh uppers attacking and breaking down dirt and debris on the molecular level. This process means the hikers get a deep clean that removes anything that detracts from their natural appearance.
- Prep the Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes by brushing off any excess dirt with the dry brush.
- Remove the laces and place them in a small solution of cleaner and water. Let soak and wring out the dirt after a few minutes.
- Dip the brush into a clean bowl of water and add a few drops of cleaner directly to the brush.
- Lather the shoe with the nylon brush until the solution becomes foamy. Wipe away the excess solution with a clean towel. Repeat until the shoe is clean.
How to Protect the L.L.Bean Men’s Trail Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes with Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent
The Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes come with a layer of waterproofing right out of the box. After a few hikes through rugged terrain and roaring creeks, the shoes are bound to lose their coating. The best way to ensure the shoes stay clean and waterproof is to use the Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent. By spraying the repellent, you put a protective barrier over the synthetic mesh that repels water, dirt, and stains, making them bead up and roll off the uppers. This process also allows the waterproofing feature of the shoe to last much longer, meaning you can enjoy more hikes.
- Ensure the L.L.Bean Men’s Trail Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes are dry before applying the Water and Stain Repellent.
- Cover the entire shoe with spray. Add extra layers for a greater level of protection.
- Let dry for 24 hours.
How to Eliminate Odors from the L.L.Bean Men’s Trail Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes with the Shoe MGK Shoe Freshener Balls
When hiking and adventuring with the L.L.Bean Men’s Trail Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes, smells, odors, and stenches are bound to get trapped in the hikers. The more you sweat, and use the shoes the worse the smell becomes. With the Shoe MGK Shoe Freshener Balls you can eliminate those odors while you’re away. These tiny deodorizers pack a powerful punch that eliminates bacteria trapped in the shoe.
- Make sure the Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes are clean by following the steps above.
- Twist the Shoe MGK shoe Freshener ball in the middle to release a refreshing scent.
- Place in your shoe and leave until the odor is gone.
The Shoe MGK Shoe Freshener is another way to eliminate odors at the source. By spraying the inner sole you kill the bacterial buildup that has lingered within the shoe, making them smell better than new.
With the Shoe MGK Clean and Protect Kit and the Shoe MGK Shoe Freshener Balls, you can go adventuring in confidence that your L.L.Bean Men’s Trail Model 4 Waterproof Hiking Shoes support you and remain fresh, clean, and protected through the journey. So get out there, clean your sneakers, hike those trials, and respect your shoes!
What You’ll Need
Image by llbean.com