When New Balance gave their shoe designers free reign to design the perfect running shoe, the designers created the Made in US 990. The v5 takes that original design and perfects it so the shoe is both comfortable and ready to hit the track. The shoes feel perfect when running on trails, streets, or tracks. With such a perfect shoe, it is integral to maintain them.
Cleaning and protecting your New Balance Made in US 990 v5s starts with a good shoe cleaner. Shoe MGK is the most trustworthy cleaner because they have been cleaning all types of shoes for almost thirty years.
In addition, Shoe MGK designed their formula out of all-natural ingredients making it the perfect cleaner for maintaining your running sneakers.
So let’s run straight into how to clean your New Balance Made in US 990v5s!
How to Protect the New Balance Made in US 990v5s with Shoe MGK Water & Stain Repellent
Every runner wants to protect their shoes from damage, and the Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent is the perfect starting point. The repellent puts a protective barrier over the suede of the New Balance Made in US 990v5s, repelling dirt, water, and stains onto the surface where they can be wiped away. This process prevents the sneakers from getting dirty.
- Make sure the New Balance Made in US 990v5s are dry before applying Water and Stain Repellent.
- Next, cover the entire shoe with spray. Add additional layers for extra protection.
- Let dry for 24 hours.
How to Clean the New Balance Made in US 990v5s with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
When running on trails, you could get tough stains that need a strong cleaner to clean and, when the 990v5s get dirty, the Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner saves the day. The shoe cleaner soaks into the suede uppers, attacking dirt and debris. Because the solution works on the molecular level, the New Balance sneakers get a deep clean.
An important note when cleaning suede shoes: always dilute the cleaner by mixing the shoe cleaner with water. This helps ensure the shoes get a deep clean without the risk of bleeding the color.
- Prep the New Balance Made in US 990v5s by brushing off any excess dirt with the dry brush.
- Remove the laces and place them in a small solution of cleaner and water. Let soak and wring out the dirt after a few minutes.
- Dip the brush into a clean bowl of water and solution.
- Lather the shoe with the nylon brush until the solution becomes foamy. Wipe away the excess solution with a clean towel. Repeat until the shoe is clean.
Now you can have the perfect run with perfectly maintained running shoes. Use the Shoe MGK Clean and Protect Kit to keep your New Balance Made in US 990v5s in tip-top shape. Get out there and run your heart out, clean your sneakers, and respect your shoes!
What You’ll Need
Image by newbalance.com