Before writing for Shoe MGK, I was a custodian at the Disneyland Resort. This position required a ton of walking, cleaning up after other people’s messes, and getting in contact in situations that could present a risk, like slipping on wet surfaces. I needed comfortable and practical shoes for those long shifts in the park, and Disney only approved one brand: Shoes for Crews. I needed something that I could walk back and forth for hours in, and the Shoes for Crews Vitality IIs were the perfect on-the-job sneaker.
Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, at least as a guest exploring the park’s vast wonders. However, as an employee, you see the park from a completely different perspective. Not going to ruin the magic for your Disney experience by boring with detail, and there are plenty of opportunities to get your shoes dirty. After hours of cleaning the park, dirt could get caked on the uppers, stains of unthinkable fluids will ruin the shoe’s sleek design, and they could look a right mess when you’re through with a shift.
After hours on a shift, your shoes are going to be dirty. That’s why I would always clean my shoes after. I needed to maintain that professional and clean Disney look for which Disney is known, and I would use Shoe MGK to keep my kicks looking fresh. It didn’t matter what kinds of gunk I got on my shoes, and they would always look better than new after a quick cleaning.
So without further ado, let’s get into the three-step process for how to clean Shoes for Crews Vitality IIs.
How to Clean Shoes for Crews Vitality IIs with Shoe MGK Cleaner and Conditioner
When working custodial, sneakers are bound to get dirty. You’re sweeping popcorn spills, picking up soda spills, and sometimes dealing with throw-up or worse. And all of these things can find their way onto your shoes. That is why it is essential to use the Shoe MGK Cleaner and conditioner. The shoe cleaner soaks into the synthetic mesh upper, attacking and breaking down dirt and debris on the molecular level. This process gives your sneakers a deep clean that removes the filth from the source.
Though it should be noted when cleaning the shoe, it is essential to dilute the cleaner with water to preserve the coloring of the material. And always scrub gently when working with mesh material.
- Prep Vitality IIs by brushing off any excess dirt with the dry brush.
- Dip the brush into a clean bowl of water and add a few drops of cleaner to the brush.
- Gently lather the entire shoe with the shoe brush until the solution becomes foamy. Wipe away the excess solution with a clean towel. Repeat until the shoe is clean.
- For extra protection, follow the steps for Water and Stain Repellent below.
How to Protect the Shoes for Crews Vitality IIs with Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent
When working at the Disneyland Resort, you’re expected to maintain something known as the Disney look. That means, no matter how dirty the job, you appear clean for the guests. The best way to ensure you stay within Disney look is to prevent your shoes from ever getting dirty in the first place. By spraying the sneakers with the Shoe MGK Water and Stain Repellent, you put a protective barrier over the uppers that repels all water, dirt, and stains from ever attaching to your shoes. Instead, these blemishes bead up and roll off the sneaker, keeping them clean while you go about your shift.
- Ensure the running sneakers are dry before applying the Water and Stain Repellent.
- Cover the entire shoe with spray. Add extra layers for a greater level of protection.
- Let dry for 24 hours.
How to Restore the Shoes for Crews Vitality IIs with Shoe MGK Black Touch-Up
When sweeping around the Disneyland Resort’s massive park, your sneakers could acquire scuffs or scratches that cleaner alone can’t remove. To get your shoes back into Disney look territory, you’ll need to utilize the Shoe MGK Black Touch-Up. By using the applicator, you put a durable coating over the black portions of the shoe, restoring them to their original brilliance.
- For best results, follow the steps above for cleaning the Vitality IIs.
- Shake the bottle of white touch-up with the cap on.
- Remove the cap and invert the bottle, making sure to press the applicator against the part of the shoe you wish to restore.
- Apply to all necessary areas
- Let dry.
* Use the Touch Up Black applicator on tough stains, and scuffs. Be careful when applying; make sure only to use it on black materials.
After working for years as a custodian, I got my shoes to several different levels of dirty. Some of which I never thought my shoes would look like new again. With the Shoe MGK Clean and Protect Kit and the Shoe MGK Black Touch-Up, you too can make your shoes look fresh. Remember always to respect your shoes!
What You’ll Need
Image by shoesforcrews.com